Collecting your campervan hire in the UK & Ireland: The Ultimate Guide
Campervan hire holidays can be daunting if it’s your first time. At Bunk Campers, we understand the unknown can be scary for some people. That’s why we have created a step by step guide so you know exactly what to expect when you arrive to our depots to collect your camper!
Before you arrive
- We will ask you fill in a short driver details form prior to your arrival, this will save some time at the depot. We will email this form with your booking confirmation.
- Please let us know of your relevant flight, ferry, train information and an estimated time of arrival so we are prepared for your rental. Remember that we’ll introduce new collection and return times for 2016 (standard pick up is from 3 pm to 5 pm and drop off from 9 am to 11 pm).
- If you have pre-booked a transfer with us, you can download the transfer document on ‘My Bunk’. This will help you find the collection point and have our telephone numbers on hand to call us when you’re ready. Make sure we have your right telephone number so we can also contact you if necessary!
- If you want to learn more about your camper before the rental, you can find a copy of your camper user manual on ‘My Bunk’. However, we will show you how everything work when you arrive to our depot!
- If you want to add any extras to your booking, just email us with your booking references and the extras you need and we’ll make sure they are available on the day you collect your camper. You can find all our extras range here.
- We offer our customers 10% off ferry crossings with Stena Line. If you want to book your ferry with us, call +44 (0) 2890 813057 and we’ll do it for you! Please have a credit/debit card around to make payment.
- We offer free temporary membership to the UK Camping & Caravaning Club. If you need more information about how to book campsites in advance with this Privilege Scheme, just email us!
- We still require both the photocard licence and the paper counterpart for UK drivers. If you have a GB driving licence, we require you to log in to the DVLA website so that we can check the counterpart of your driving licence. You can access/check check your own counterpart details here (https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence). Please log in and print out a copy no earlier than 3 days before your check in and bring it you. NI licences are required to provide the the photocard licence and paper counterpart as normal.
When you arrive part I: Paperwork
- Our depot opens between 15-17 h. for collections. You should allow up to one to twos hours for check in and the vehicle demo.
- We’ll take a copy of your driving license and passport. Please bring originals!
- We will talk through insurance options and if you haven’t booked it in advance, you can still do so at this stage.
- For hireable extras and If you would like to purchase additional comforts for your trip, i.e WiFi, GPS, portable DVD players you can still do so at this stage.
- We will hold a security deposit on the driver’s credit or debit card. The security deposit is held on your account while you are on rental and released once the camper is returned in the same condition as when you collected it.
- You will receive a copy of your rental agreement with the details of your campervan, rental information, contact numbers and procedures.
When you arrive part II: Demonstration
- Don’t worry if you have never been in a campervan before, we will show you everything you need to know about your camper.
- An exterior check will take place, so we can show you where the fuel tank is, how to connect the gas and how to use the electric hook up.
- Once inside the camper, we will show you how to use all the functions on the camper dashboard e.g. heating, hot water, electricity or switching from leisure battery to gas. We will show you how to fold out the beds, how to use the shower, how to light the gas stove and where your kitchen kit is stored!
- All campers have manuals on board with the relevant contact numbers for our depots, vehicle support and breakdown assistance should something go wrong while you are on rental.
- Once you are ready to go, we hand over the keys and your adventure begins!
Our team will take time to ensure everything has been covered, however if you have any questions just ask and we’ll be delighted to help! Whether it’s your first campervan holiday or you’ve been doing it for years we always provide a thorough demo before sending anyone on the road!
To book, simply use our online booking engine, email us or call +44 (0) 2890 813057. We will come back to you shortly with the best quote and any information you need!
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to be updated on the latest promotions, travel routes and advice!