Packing Tips for your Campervan Holiday in the UK & Ireland
If this is your first campervan hire Ireland or campervan hire UK holiday, you are probably wondering what you’ll need to bring! Our holiday checklist gives you hints and tips on what to bring for your comfort and convenience.
We supply the basics:
- Pots & Pans
- Gas Kettle
- Dustpan & Brush
- Electric Mains Hookup Cable
- Water Hosepipe
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
We Offer Hireable Extras:
For your comfort and convenience you can hire extras for your campervan such as bedding (to reduce your airline baggage allowance!), Satellite Navigation (to avoid getting lost on your way to the campsite!) or mobile Wi-Fi (to stay connected on the road!). For a full list of our optional extras for your campervan hire Ireland or campervan hire UK holiday, visit our campervan hireable extras page.
What to Pack?
All general supplies can be bought locally. Major food, convenience and accessories shops are open 7 days a week across the UK and Ireland and a convenience store is never too far away so don’t worry if you haven’t packed a consumable.
It’s a good idea to pack your gear in soft luggage bags as they are a lot easier to store in your campervan than a hard suitcase.
- A valid Drivers Licence is essential for all named drivers on your booking to complete insurance requirements at check in.
- Make sure to pack any tickets, identification documents and Bunk Campers Booking Confirmation to ease your check in! If you are travelling from outside the EU, ensure you’ve registered for a visa to allow entry to the UK or Ireland.
- We recommend all customers ensure they have adequate travel insurance to cover any eventuality ending in having to cancel or return early.
- Always ensure you have your own adequate medical insurance. The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) covers any medical treatment for EU citizens during your trip due to illness or an accident. It is recommended if you’re travelling from a country in mainland Europe that you are resident in, that you apply for this card and bring this with you. If you are travelling from outside the EU, please ensure you have medical insurance.
- Bring a valid credit or debit card to authorise your security deposit at the depot.
- Money/Currency – Make sure you bring credit/debit cards and valid currency for the area you’re travelling in: £GBP for travel in England, Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland. €EUR for travel in Republic of Ireland.
- All Charges
- Tablet/ laptop
Good to have:
- 240V Travel Adapter for use across the UK and Ireland
- Torch – for all your night time activities and trips!
- Clothing for all weather- The UK weather can be termpimental, be prepared and check the weather before and pack accordingly.
- Reusable water bottle.
- Slippers/ Slidders
- Board games
- Newspaper/ magazines
- Toys/ football/ baseball/ volleyball