Ready to book?
Pick up, Dates, Add Guests
Never let the season put you off exploring the UK and Ireland in a motorhome. There’s no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing! We enjoy a mild climate, with plenty of warm dry days allowing the adventurous to keep up their hobbies and interests all through the winter months. With winter campervan hire, you avoid peak season crowds and prices, and can experience the splendour of nature as the season turns. Whether you want to tour the highlands of Scotland at its most dramatic best, explore Ireland’s mesmerizing Wild Atlantic Way at its wildest, or surf the best waves in the South of England, find out how a campervan rental road trip with Bunk Campers can get you there this winter.
A campervan road trip offers endless opportunities to explore the beauty of Scotland in winter. From the snow-capped mountains in the Cairngorms to the wild isolated Highlands around the North Coast 500 or the warmth of the whisky trail, create your own adventure with Bunk Campers – your transport and accommodation in one.
Campervans are the most practical, convenient and fun choice for a winter road trip. And here are a few reasons why:
– No setting up a tent in the dark, rain, or muddy ground. Just arrive, park and you’re good to go!
– Fewer traffic jams
– Explore great destinations without having to fight through large crowds of tourists
– Just because it’s winter, doesn’t mean the weather will be bad – plenty of crisp mornings and sunny days. Perfect for hikes and getting outdoors.
– Better surfing weather
– Pet-friendly holidays! Dogs love new sights, smells, and sounds – so it’s a wonderful holiday for your furry friend too
– Plan your trips to include interesting places that are not totally reliant on good weather, so you can still do the things you’d like whatever mother nature throws at you.
– Off-season prices make this a cheaper holiday escape, compared to the summer
– Beat the winter blues caused by shorter days and darker mornings with a total change of scenery thanks to a campervan hire holiday
✔ Waterproof clothing- invest in a good waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers (with Gore-Tex)
✔ Good hiking boots or sturdy outdoor shoes
✔ Wellington boots for the kids
✔ Layers – Thermal top, t ’shirt, jumper/sweatshirt, better to remove layers.
✔ Wool socks – wool dries faster and is better in the heat and cold
✔ Hat, Gloves and Scarf
✔ Flask and travel mugs
✔ Rucksack for day tripping.
Apart from this, everything else is provided by Bunk Campers, see the full list below:
Your campervan hire will come with a kitchen kit (including pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, and utensils), a 2 burner gas hobs for cooking, a kettle (For making tea, coffee, and hot chocolate), bedding kit including 10.5 Tog duvets to keep you warm, fridge, dining table, campervan central heating, rock n roll double bed (Vehicle model dependant), electric hook-up, a bottle of gas included for heating and hot water, shower, bathroom, and toilet (Excluding the Nomad).
Yes, all our vehicles have central heating fitted.
This will vary greatly depending on your own personal gas usage.
We provide pillows, pillow cases, bedsheets, 10.5 tog duvets and duvet covers.
Please see the campsites section at the top of the page for campsites open all year round categories by country.
– Bonfire Night (5th November 22)
– St Andrews Day (30th November 22)
– Stonehenge Winter Solstice (2nd December 22)
– Hogmanay (30th Dec – 1st Jan 2022/23)
– Rabbie Burns Night (25th January 23)
– Longleat Festival of Light, Wiltshire (Selected dates from 5th November 22 – 8th January 23)
– London Jazz Festival (11th November – 20th November 22)
– New Year’s Eve (31st December)
– Christmas Markets across most major cities from November / December. Manchester, London, Edinburgh, Belfast, Galway, Dublin, Cardiff
– Northern Lights – not really an event but easier to see in the winter months
Top 5 Tips for Touring Scotland by Campervan this WinterRead More ›
6 Great Reasons to hire a campervan this winterRead More ›
5 Basic Lessons for Campervanning in WinterRead More ›
An Unmissable 10 Day Itinerary for your Cornwall Campervan Holiday in 2022Read More ›
A Cycling Scottish Highland Campervan AdventureRead More ›