Bunk Campers Terms and Conditions
(Last updated 2 Dec 2015)
DEFINITION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other Bunk Campers literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply.
‘Bunk Campers’ means Bunk Campers Limited owned by Blue Quadrant Limited, Cyril Johnston Complex, Ballynahinch Road, Belfast, N Ireland, BT8 8DJ.
‘DRIVER / HIRER’ means the person(s) nominated as the driver(s) under the RENTAL AGREEMENT.
‘BUNK CAMPER’ means the vehicle under hire as described under the heading ‘Vehicle Details’ under the ‘Rental Agreement’ and includes tyres, tools, accessories, living equipment and any other special equipment, documents relating to the vehicle and any replacement or substitute vehicle provided by BUNK CAMPERS.
‘RENTAL AGREEMENT’ means the document read and signed by the hirer on collection and return of the vehicle. It includes details of ‘Customer’, ‘Vehicle Details’, ‘Rental Period’, ‘Collision Damage Waiver’, ‘Departure Checklist’.
- Booked and paid for in full at by hirer time of booking on www.bunkcampers.com as per Rental Agreement.
- All prices quoted and charged in £ (GBP) or € (EURO).
- Payment is only accepted by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or debit card (Visa Debit or Maestro). A 3.5% charge is levied to all bookings to cover banking fees when a credit or debit card is used to make payment. Please note, we do not accept American Express.
- Vehicles will not be released without full payment being received.
- Vehicles will not be released without 2 forms of valid photo identification and funds for deposits being available on collection. The vehicle will not be released until deposit is paid.
- One security deposit payment (standard excess) is payable by credit or debit card only on collection. This covers insurance excess, security deposit and cleaning deposit.
- The hire of a vehicle from our Dublin depot is not available to state residents of the ROI. The hire of a vehicle from any other Bunk Campers depot is available to state residents of the ROI.
2. HIRE PERIOD
- ‘Hire Period’ refers to the dates agreed in the Rental Agreement.
- Rental is charged on a per day basis.
- Minimum rental is 3 days for a Roadie / Nomad / Ranger Bunk Camper.
- Minimum rental is 7 days for a Aero / Vista / Aero Plus/ Vista Plus / Grande Bunk Camper.
- Collection is strictly between 3-5PM and return is strictly 9-11AM, charges apply for late returns.
- Out of hours collection and return service available by agreement. Please email us directly on email@example.com before making your booking for more information and pricing for out of hours collections or returns.
- Collection / Return to agreed location at time of booking.
- Bunk Campers reserves the right to increase the minimum rental period for certain events.
3. HIRE RATES INCLUDE
- Unlimited Mileage
- Kitchen Kit
- Fully Comprehensive Insurance for one named driver aged 25 – 69 and holding a full driving licence for more than 2 years*
- Full Breakdown & Roadside Assistance**
* excluding any insurance loading, extra charges may be incurred if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, holds a driving licence from a non-EU country or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the customer.
** Bunk Campers will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the vehicle. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat vehicle battery etc will be the responsibility of the client.
4a HIRER / DRIVER AGE LIMITS
- Driver(s) must be aged over 21 years to 74 years for rental of a Roadie campervan.
- Driver(s) must be aged over 25 years to 74 years for rental of a Nomad / Ranger / Aero / Aero Plus / Vista / Vista Plus / Grande campervan.
- Driver(s) aged 21 to 24 years, see additional insurance charge in section 5a.
- Driver(s) aged 70 to 74 years, see additional insurance charge in section 5a.
4b HIRER / DRIVER LICENCE
- Driver(s) must hold a valid full driving licence for at least 24 months.
- All drivers must be present for collection of the motorhome. No exceptions can be made.
- Driver(s) must provide two separate forms of photographic identification on collection of vehicle otherwise hire will be invalidated i.e.: valid passport and driving licence.
- If you have a GB driving licence, we require you to log in to the DVLA website and check the counterpart of your driving licence. We are unable to insure you if we are not able to login and check your driving licence details.
- If you have a Northern Ireland driving licence, we require both the photocard and the paper counterpart.
- You must declare at the time of booking if there are any endorsements on your driving licence. Bunk Campers may not be able to provide cover for some endorsements. Charges apply for penalty points. Failure to declare an accident or driving conviction invalidates insurance.
- Drivers holding only an automatic driving licence are not permitted to drive any of our campervans.
- Should any driver fail to present all of the correct documentation and identification on collection of the vehicle or the documentation does not meet the driver requirements set out in the terms and conditions, then Bunk Campers will be unable to release the vehicle. No refunds will be given.
Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by Bunk Campers through our insurers to the driver(s) named on the rental agreement.
The vehicle is insured for damage to the vehicle and the property of a third party but does not include any personal insurance for the customer including death or bodily injury to the driver nor does it cover any personal possessions.
The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess outlined in section 6.
Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the vehicle.
5a. ADDITIONAL INSURANCE CHARGES
- Insurance for an additional driver is charged additionally per day. Only one additional driver is permitted.
- Insurance for driver(s) aged over 21 years to 24 years is charged additionally per day.
- Insurance for driver(s) aged over 70 years to 74 years is charged additionally per day.
- Additional insurance charges may apply if the hirer has an occupation that is deemed to be high risk.
- Additional insurance charges may apply if the hirer holds a non-EU driving licence.
- The theft of a Bunk Camper will not be covered by insurance if the ignition keys are left in or on the vehicle whilst unoccupied and the hirer shall be held fully responsible for a replacement vehicle.
- Please note that no insurance is offered for damage to the roof/overhead cab of any vehicle and any damage is deemed as gross negligence. Therefore the hirer accepts full liability for these which is in addition to the standard excess of the vehicle should that apply.
- Windscreen, mirrors and/or tyre damage is not covered by the standard vehicle insurance
No other hire insurance is acceptable for the rental of a Bunk Camper.
6. SECURITY DEPOSIT
The security deposit (standard excess) on your Bunk Camper campervan hire covers both the insurance excess in the event of a collision and the proper return of the vehicle in same condition as it was let out to the hirer. The hirer must pay the refundable security deposit by credit or debit card at the time of collection. No other form of payment is accepted. The card should be in the lead driver’s name and the amount will be debited from your account immediately. Pre-paid currency cards cannot be accepted. Bunk Campers reserve the right to increase the insurance excess.
- A refundable deposit of £1200 / €1500 is payable for rental of the Roadie campervan (for drivers aged 25-69)
- A refundable deposit of £1450 / €1900 is payable for rental of the Roadie campervan (for young drivers aged 21-24)
- A refundable deposit of £1350 / €1750 is payable for the rental of the Nomad / Ranger campervan.
- A refundable deposit of £1500 / €2950 is payable for the rental of a Aero / Vista campervan
- A refundable deposit of £1750 / €2275 is payable for the rental of a Aero Plus/ Vista Plus campervan.
- A refundable deposit of £2000 / €2600 is payable for the rental of a Grande campervan.
This amount will be pre-authorised from your credit card account immediately and is fully refundable within 28 days of return of the vehicle provided there are no outstanding insurance claims on the following conditions:
- This security deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage what so ever to equipment, fixtures, fittings, windows, cleaning fees, tyres or negligent damage to the vehicle
- The security deposit will be used to fund any cleaning fees, the damage administration fee, road traffic violation administration fees.
- The hirer agrees to pay Bunk Campers any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value within 28 days of your hire.
The hirer irrevocably authorises Bunk Campers to deduct from the security deposit any amounts due to Bunk Campers arising out of this agreement.
- A £45 administration fee will be applied against any loss or damage to your vehicle or any item contained within.
- The security deposit does not cover cost for replacement or repair of aerials, glass, wheels, roof, underside of vehicle, windscreen, wing mirror, tyre damage or incorrect refuelling (eg: putting petrol into diesel tank) for which the hirer is responsible.
- “Special Cover” Package can be purchased to cover windscreen, wing mirror or tyre damage.
Bunk Campers reserves the right to increase the security deposit for specific events eg: festivals or rallies.
A cleaning fee of £100 / €130 will be charged against the deposit if the vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
An additional fee of £100 / €130 will be charged against the deposit if the toilet and waste tank are not emptied prior to the return of the vehicle.
Please note, there are no toilet cleaning facilities at any of Bunk Campers depots so toilets and waste tanks must be cleaned prior to returning the campervan.
7a. COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW)
The COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW) is an optional charge that reduces the insurance excess. This can be purchased at time of booking online or on collection of your vehicle.
CDW cannot be offered to drivers less than 25 years.
- Purchase of the CDW reduces the standard excess by 50% for any damage caused in a collision to either the vehicle or third party property. See website for current price.
- Once an accident has occurred, CDW cannot be restarted and standard insurance terms will apply.
7b. SPECIAL COVER
An optional insurance charge that covers replacement or repair to windscreen, wing mirror or tyre damage. This can be purchased at time of booking online or on collection of your vehicle.
8. HIREABLE EXTRAS
Other hireable extras available for the duration of hirers’ stay in a Bunk Camper include:
- Towel & Bedding (duvet, pillow, covers)
- Outdoor Table
- Outdoor Chair
- Child seats
- Satellite Navigation (GPS)
- Mobile Wi-Fi (Mi-Fi)
- DVD Player
- Bike Rack (Nomad, Ranger, Aero, Vista, Aero Plus, Vista Plus, Grande only)
- Portable Toilet (Nomad, Ranger only)
Please see Bunk Campers website for prices.
A camping gas canister will be included in the rental and provided on collection. Only customers who have pre-paid for gas will receive a full canister of camping gas. Additional gas purchased throughout the rental period is at the customers own expense.
9. COLLECTION AND RETURN
Collection and return of the BUNK CAMPER is to agreed location specified at time of booking as set out under ‘hire period’ in the rental agreement.
Agreed location for collection / return:
- Belfast Depot
- Dublin Depot
- Edinburgh Depot
- Glasgow Depot
- London Gatwick (Horsham) depot
One way and relocation fees apply. Current charges are displayed on the website.
Other collection / return locations requests will be considered on request, charges may apply.
Collection – The depot will be open between 3PM-5PM. Please allow 1 hour to complete the documentation, collection of deposit and demonstration of vehicle. Vehicle will be handed over in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the ‘Vehicle Condition Report (VCR)’.
All drivers must be present on collection of the motorhome and must present their full valid driving licence, passport and credit/debit card for the security deposit. Photocopies will not be accepted.
Return – The depot will be open between 9AM – 11AM. Allow 1 hour to complete documentation and return of deposit in accordance with that set out in section 6 of Terms & Conditions. There are no refunds for early returns. Charges apply for late returns.
Vehicles must be returned undamaged, with the same level of fuel as the vehicle was received, with an empty toilet cassette, a clean interior and in the same condition as they left the depot. Charges will apply if the vehicle is returned with additional damage, unclean or if the toilet cassette is not empty.
Late Return – Bunk Campers must be notified immediately to prevent any prosecution for driver(s) driving whilst uninsured. Late returns will be charged at one day’s rental cost regardless of circumstances.
An out of hour’s collection and return service is available outside our depot opening hours between 7.30am-7.30pm. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for information on pricing for out of hours. There is not out of hour’s service available on Sundays or at the Glasgow depot.
10a. CANCELLATION BY BUNK CAMPERS
Bunk Campers reserve the right to cancel a reservation before or at the proposed commencement of hire as follows:
- If Named Driving Licence is not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions.
- Hirer fails to provide funds for security deposit payment (standard excess) by credit card or debit card.
- Over occupancy of vehicle in accordance with the provision of seatbelts.
- The Address on driving licence does not match billing address. Additional proof of id is required
- Hirer does not provide a valid passport and driving licence as proof of ID.
- Due to operational issues affecting rental fleet.
- Hirer is in breach of any term in this agreement.
- The hirer obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation.
- If any statement, representation or warranty made by the hirer in respect to himself or additional drivers is incorrect.
- The vehicle appears to be abandoned.
- The vehicle is not returned at the agreed date or Bunk Campers reasonably believes the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date.
- Bunk Campers considers on reasonable ground that the safety of passengers or the vehicle is in danger. The hirer understands that in the event of such termination or repossession that the hirer has no right to a refund or any part of the rental charges or the security deposit.
- Bunk Campers liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by the hirer. No compensation is available for additional arrangements booked by hirer (eg: flights, concert tickets).
- Bunk Campers reserve the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events.
Bunk Campers reserve the right to refuse to hire to any person, without stating cause.
10b. CANCELLATION BY HIRER
In the event of a cancellation by the hirer the following charges shall be incurred:
- 4 weeks prior to rental to no show: 100% of total hire charge.
- 6 weeks to 4 weeks prior to rental: 50% of total hire charge.
- More than 6 weeks prior to rental: 20% of total hire charge.
Credit card and debit card charges are non refundable. Administration fee of £45 / €50 will be charged on the processing of any refund.
Customers are advised to check their own travel insurance policy in the event of a cancellation by the hirer.
10c. RIGHT TO CHANGE OF VEHICLE
Every effort will be made by Bunk Campers to ensure you receive the campervan type ordered. However, Bunk Campers reserves the right to change your campervan type in the event of an operational issue. A full refund will be offered if the alternative campervan is not acceptable and the hirer chooses to cancel the rental. No other refund will be available.
The hirer is not liable for any increased rental charges from the substitute vehicle.. The hirer is liable for any additional running costs pertaining to the substitute vehicle.
11. MOTORHOME SYSTEMS:
Bunk Campers will carry out a full pre-rental inspection of every vehicle before the commencement of hire. The inspection involves testing every system on board the motorhome to ensure they are operating correctly. At collection, the hirer will be demonstrated the vehicle and shown how each system works. Should an onboard system fail during the hire, Bunk Campers will make every effort to remedy the fault whilst you are out on rental but in some circumstances, this may not be possible. Bunk Campers cannot be held responsible and will not refund any monies should a loss of service be encountered nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle. In the case of winter hire, Bunk Campers cannot be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions. This is the responsibility of the hirer.
12. USE OF THE VEHICLE
During the rental period, the hirer agrees that the vehicle will not be:
- Driven other than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner or used in a manner which could cause damage.
- Driven in a prohibited area.
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law.
- Driven by a person who is unauthorised to drive the vehicle as set out under the heading ‘Driver details’ of the Bunk Camper Rental Agreement.
- Used to carry more persons in accordance with the provision of seatbelts in a Bunk Camper.
- Left with the ignition key in or on the vehicle while it is unoccupied (invalidates insurance).
- Damaged by submersion in water or in contact with salt water.
- Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest.
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward.
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material.
- Driven on any road surfaces other than sealed / bitumen roads. Driving is not permitted on the Connor Pass, County Kerry, Ireland.
- I understand that Bunk Campers reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
- Smoking is not permitted in any Bunk Campers vehicle. Bunk Campers reserves the right to impose additional cleaning charges should smoke be detected in the vehicle.
- Animals are not permitted in any Bunk Campers vehicle unless agreed with Bunk Campers and an additional premium been paid.
13. DRIVING IN MAINLAND EUROPE
Travel in Mainland Europe is permissible. There is no additional charge for European cover, however you must notify Bunk Campers at the time of booking of your intent to travel to Mainland Europe (Outside of the UK or Ireland). A European travel pack is mandatory for travel to Mainland Europe and you will be in breach of these terms and conditions should you take a motorhome into Mainland Europe without purchasing this. See website for pricing.
European cover is not available to drivers aged 21-24 years old.
Travel is permitted to the following countries:
Travel outside of these countries in a Bunk Camper will be in breach of your terms and conditions and you will not be covered by any insurance.
14. BREAKDOWN AND VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
The hirer will take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle on hire including checking oil and coolant levels, tyre pressures and batteries
The hirer acknowledges that Bunk Campers will reimburse me for expenditure £50 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure. Valid receipts must be provided for reimbursement.
The hirer will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Bunk Campers vehicles run on diesel.
24 hour Roadside Assistance is provided under the hire contract. The hirer may instruct repairs to the maximum value of £50 / €65. Bunk Campers Head Office must be notified by telephone for repairs in excess of this amount.
15. RESPONSIBILITY WHEN AN ACCIDENT OCCURS:
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of vehicle including damage to a third party vehicle, the hirer will:
- Notify Bunk Campers within 24 hours of the event
- Obtain the names and address of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
- Complete the incident reporting form supplied in the vehicle
- Assist Bunk Campers in handling any claim arising from the event
- Acknowledge that the excess or other amount due in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault.
- Will pay any costs relating to the delivery of a change of vehicle as a result of an incident regardless of which party is at fault.
- Accept that no security deposit/excess will be refunded until the claim is settled.
16. VIOLATION OF TRAFFIC LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the United Kingdom including Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Bunk Campers will contact the customer after the rental agreement finishes if any traffic violation infringements are presented to Bunk Campers for your hire period. The driver(s) will be liable for any penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation that has been incurred during their hire period.
Bunk Campers will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of £45 / €50 for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period..
17. CONDITIONS OF HIRE
The company’s camper van rental agreement is the sole contract for hiring the vehicle between Bunk Campers and the hirer(s), driver(s) and/or passenger(s).
- The company takes no responsibility for any delay, loss, damage or injury that a hirer might experience no matter how it is caused or by whom.
- No refunds are payable on accommodation or Bunk Campers if they are not available where a hirer or passenger changes or cancels or seeks to vary agreements after collection.
- These conditions cannot be varied or altered or waived by any employee or representative of Bunk Campers or by anyone providing services or facilities.
- The company cannot be bound by any representative or statement unless it is confirmed in writing by Bunk Campers’ management.
Bunk Campers are contactable on 0044 (0) 2890 813057 throughout the rental period. All faults, damage or complaints must be reported immediately on this number or at the latest on return of the vehicle. In the event that a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved upon return, the hirer must inform Bunk Campers in writing within 10 working days.